Hey all,
Sorry that I have not been posting on here for a couple weeks or so. I have been having to write up a lot of research notes. But i'm back posting again, its been quite a journey. I have now been in Sierra Leone for over 4 weeks and I am still finding this place breathtaking! The beaches are world-class and the people are great! The research has been fantastically interesting, and I have been picked up by a British NGO to work on the monitoring and evaluations team for the rest of my time here. In return they are helping me with my research, providing me with accomodation and pay. They have been organising meetings with government ministers, United Nations officials, Country Directors, Donor and top private sector organisations. Feel like a bit of a diplomat to be honest, lol. Soon I will taken to the middle of nowhere to interview rural youth and tribal leaders in communities near the Guinea border, and I may even cross over to Guinea while I am there, which will be interesting.
The weather here though has been pretty random at times. The heat can get incredibly intense, I was waiting for the Poda Poda (a dingy van which plays cool music) for like 10 minutes and felt like I was about to melt. However, now rainy season has come and at night it thunders so hard that the bed actually shakes. The rain gets incredibly heavy and at times it feels like you are in the middle of hurricane katrina. But hey I do not mind as it keeps me cool!
Anyways only got limited time in this internet cafe, miss ya'll and will be back in England on July 17th.
Take care
Matt!
Tuesday, 30 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment